What personal information we collect:
• When you make a purchase at one of the iStore locations, a customer card is created with the information provided at check out. This information may include: name, phone number, mailing address, email address, etc. We DO NOT store credit card information. • When you complete any contact form on the website, you may be providing us your name, email address, phone number, and/or device and repair information.
How we use personal information
iStore by St. Moritz WILL NOT SHARE OR SELL your personal information to anyone, except as permitted by law and for legitimate business purposes.
The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on the latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. It also helps us improve our services, content, and advertising. If you don’t want to be on our emailing list, just unsubscribe from the bottom of any of our emails.
We also use information to help us develop, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, and advertising.
From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases, service and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with iStore by St. Moritz, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
If you ever enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information provided to administer those programs and select a winner.
Protection of Personal Information
The iStore Health Check software is designed to provide best-in-class issue detection with minimal access to end-users’ personal data.
The following information is gathered about a computer:
• Upon installation, a random ID is generated and used to identify status reports.
• An arbitrary “Group” is assigned by the subscriber, for use in sorting reports.
• The computer’s serial number is also used for sorting reports.
• The name of the computer, visible in:
◦ Sharing PreferencePane (Mac), System Control Panel (Windows), Hostname (Linux)
• The ‘short name’ of the user who last logged into the computer
In some cases, the email address associated with online backup systems will be reported. This can be disabled by a computer administrator, however the status of that online backup would not be reported. iStore Health Check does not track the following types of information:
• The agent does not track screen or keyboard activity
• The agent does not inspect browser history, or other similar user actions.
• The agent does not read inside user-created data (no pdf, png, doc, etc)
• The agent does not send raw logs, instead it only sends test results
• Computer’s physical location is not readily available*
In cases where a computer is considered stolen or missing, administrators can request a one-time notification of the reporting IP address. iStore Health Check is not a computer management system.
• The agent uses read-only commands to perform its duties.
• Issues are reported to the IT professional responsible for the computer.
A sample report can be viewed here.
Subscribers are welcome to contact iStore Health Check support with any additional questions. End-users should contact their IT professional.