Since we always use a secure password, there are chances of forgetting it. Forgetting the password to your Apple ID account can be more painful.The simplest way to log back into an Apple account:
- Open the Settings app and tap on “iCloud”
- Tap on the email address on the top of the iCloud settings screen.
- Tap on the blue text underneath the password entry that says “Forgot Apple ID or Password?” where you’ll have two choices:
If you know your Apple ID and don’t remember the password, type in your email address and click “Next” to start the reset process
If you don’t know your Apple ID, tap on “Forgot your Apple ID?” and fill out your full name and email address to recover the Apple ID login.
- Answer the security questions pertaining to that Apple ID, and follow the onscreen directions to complete the process
How To Reset Your Apple Id Password
- Go to the Apple ID web page at appleid.apple.com and click ‘Forgot Apple ID or password.’
- Enter the email address you use with your Apple ID and click continue.
- If you haven’t set up any levels of security it will be a case of getting an email or answering some security questions.
How To Deal With Security Questions
While an Apple ID, you will be asked to answer some security questions: the name of your friend, perhaps, or the name of a favorite teacher, etc.
Here are the steps you will need to go through:
- Start by entering your date of birth.
- Apple will then ask you two questions. By entering the right answers you will reach on a Reset Password Page.
- Now enter your new password twice. Follow the rules while creating a new password.
Reset Using The Web
You can also start password reset process from the official Apple ID website; as long as you have a web browser:
- Go to this Apple ID site in that “Manage your Apple ID” choose the “Reset your password” option.
- Enter the email address associated with the account and answer the security questions as usual to complete the reset password process
Use Password Reset Email
Rather than answering the security questions maybe you don’t know, you can choose to have a password reset email sent to you. The password resets email will be sent to a second email address you have associated with your Apple ID.Before opting this make sure that you have access to the email.
- From the Reset Password screen at https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid choose Get an email and press Continue
- The second email address associated with your account will receive an email with the title “How to reset your Apple ID password”.
- Click the ‘Reset now’ link in the email.
- The email includes a warning in case it wasn’t you who requested the change of password.
What If You Forget Your Email Address?
Usually, you need to associate an email address with your Apple ID. If you continuously buy things from Apple, you might forget which email address is tied to your Apple ID. There’s a quick way to find out the email address, for that you need to find the device that is already signed on to your Apple ID.
On An Ipad:
- Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store. You can see your Apple ID on top if you’re logged in.
- Go to Settings and tap your name at the top of the page. You will see the email associated with your Apple ID under your name if you are already logged in.
- You can also see your email address in Settings > Messages > Send & Receive; Settings > FaceTime, or Settings > Mail.
On A Mac Or PC
- Go to System Preferences > iCloud. Again you should see your Apple ID if you’re logged in.
- If you aren’t logged in here you may find the email in Mail > Preferences > Accounts.
- If it is on the Mac, you may find the details in FaceTime: Select FaceTime > Preferences > Settings or Messages: Messages > Preferences, then click Accounts.
- You can also check iTunes for previous purchases. Right-click on find a purchase, and choose Get Info then File. You may see the email address besides your name.